Cullen Hammond Logo
As personal injury compensation specialists, Cullen Hammond Limited can represent adults and children who have been injured in almost any type of accident:

- Road Accident Claims (as a driver, passenger, cyclist or pedestrian)
- Claims against uninsured or untraced drivers
- Accident at work claims
- Work related industrial disease or illness claims
- Slipping, tripping or falling accident claims
- Holiday accident and illness claims
- Defective product claims
- Sport and leisure accident claims
- Animal attack claims
- Accidents in a public place

For a claim to succeed, your injury (or illness) must have been caused by someone else through their negligent behaviour or lack of action. Even if you were partly to blame, you may still be able to make a claim, but your compensation could be reduced to reflect your own fault or negligence.

Coming soon

Click me
What is my claim worth?
Click on the image to the left to find out.

Use our interactive body to give you an idea of how much your claim is worth, or use our email form to send us your details.

Usually, the claim must be made within 3 years of the date of the accident (or the date you first become aware that your illness was work related). Most claims are settled within 9 to 12 months. More complex claims, such as fatal accidents, psychiatric injuries and industrial disease cases, can take longer to resolve.

Once you have given us the details, we will consider your claim and let you know if we can help you. We will contact you as soon as possible, often on the day you get in touch.

Types of Compensation
Compensation for your accident or disease claim will include 'general damages' for the injury and its effects and 'special damages' for financial losses.

General Damages
These are awarded for pain, suffering and loss of amenity. Pain and suffering relates to the problems caused by the injury and any medical treatment. Loss of amenity allows you to claim for things you can no longer do as before, for example a hobby, a chosen career or domestic tasks.

Special Damages
Financial losses or expenses you have incurred as a result of the accident or illness can be included as part of your claim. These may include lost wages (including overtime, bonuses, pension rights); travelling expenses (e.g. for attending medical appointments); prescriptions; pain killers; private medical treatment (e.g. physiotherapy or scans); cost of repair/replacement of damaged property (including your car); the cost of private care or the equivalent value of care given by family members. This element of the claim can run into 1,000s if you have been unable to work.

Paula is accredited by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. seniorLit.jpg
Please contact Paula on 0191 5018062 or contact us via our specialist website at
 Your Location: Home / What we do /
Personal Injury
Landlord & Tenant Personal Injury Employment Law Conveyancing Will & Probate Agency Instructions Industrial Disease Matrimonial & Family Landlord & Tenant
Cullen Hammond 2011

Find us on